Red Metropolitana de Movilidad is accessible, because both 87.3% of the fleet of buses, as well as the subway stations (lines 3 and 6, mainly) and MetroTren Nos have different characteristics that facilitate the mobility of people with reduced mobility, thus making the city of Santiago have a universal and equitable public transport system.
In this way, Red Metropolitana de Movilidad buses have the following characteristics:
- Specially designed space for wheelchair inside the vehicle.
- Safety system for passenger with wheelchair with mechanical lock and seat belt.
- Button to request the stop of the vehicle on the side of the wheelchair space at the corresponding height for easy access.
- Manual ramp for wheelchair access.
- An ischiatic support bracket for passengers with reduced mobility.
- Handles with texture so that non-seers know where the button to request the stop is located.
- Most subway stations (lines 3 and 6 in their entirety) and all MetroTren Nos stations have elevators.